?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Fire in the hole!

It's a gray, dreary, chilly, rainy, wet day out there today and I'm all snug and toasty with the apple cinnamon scented candles blazing away. I'm sitting at my desk clearing out mail and playing around online BOOM tinkle tinkle It seems the wick shifted in the melting wax towards the glass candle holder and shattered it into several pieces.
Now I know the reason you are not supposed to leave burning candles unattended! The glass that landed a foot away from the candle was HOT. I can see how that could cause a fire if it landed on paper. I ended up icing my finger and I don't do that with cookie sheets straight out of the oven.

Comments

( 2 comments — Leave a comment )
calizen
Jun. 5th, 2010 02:25 pm (UTC)
Ouch.
katsurian
Jun. 6th, 2010 01:43 am (UTC)
Definitely. All better now though! :)
Except, of course, for the empty spot where the glass candle holder is supposed to go! haha
( 2 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

June 2011
S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Page Summary

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel